The "Server auto-add" module adds new servers to DCImanager. The module operates in the background mode. The server is added to DCImanager automatically when it is turned on or rebooted. When adding a server, DCImanager performs its diagnostics without clearing the disks.
If the server is connected to the switches, the module will add connections to the server settings. Additionally, in the module settings you can allow searching for IPMI connections. If found, IPMI will be reconfigured.
In the current version, DCImanager detects server connections to the switches that use Arista, Cisco Nexus, and Juniper handlers.
- Enter Settings → Modules → Server auto-add → Install button.
After installation, press Go to settings.
You can configure the module only at those locations where at least one physical network is created.
- Press Configure:
- Select the Location.
- Select the Server search template. We recommend using the "Server-search6" template for the module to work correctly.
- Select the Network. We recommend using a network with private IP addresses without access to the Internet. IP addresses from the range of this network will be temporarily issued to all added servers. The network must include the IP address of the location.
- Select the Location IP address used by the DHCP server. The IP address must be in the network selected above for assigning temporary addresses.
- Specify the IP range from the network. Free IP addresses from this range will be temporarily issued to the added servers.
- Enter a temporary Password with which you can log on to the added server.
Specify Advanced settings:
For the module to detect server connections to IPMI:
Enable the Search connections to IPMI option.
Select an existing IP pool for IPMI or create a new one.
IP addresses from the pool will be allocated and user password for connection will be changed for the IPMIs found. Other users will be disabled.
If necessary, enable the option to Enter additional information through the console. In this case, a script will be run on the added servers to enter the server name, server rack, unit and serial number. To specify this data, you will need to connect to the server via SSH, IPMI or KVM.Comments to the example
Rack number — server rack name or number
Unit number — server unit number
Serial — server serial number
Label — server name
- Press Configure. DCImanager will start loading the server auto-addition template at the selected location.
Managing module settings
To manage the auto-addition settings, enter Settings → Modules → Server auto-add → Go to Settings.
To add settings for the location, click Configure auto-add.
To disable server auto-addition at the location, select the location → menu → Disable the search option on the location or click on the settings bar.
Managing added servers
To view the added servers, press Servers → Found automatically tab.
To re-check the server connections, click the Start searching for new connections button.
To add connections manually:
- to IPMI (Intel AMT) — press add in the Power column;
- to the switch — press add in the Network column.
To put the server into operation:
- Press Put into operation.
- Specify the required settings. Read more about settings in Adding a server.
- Press Put the server into operation.