IP pools group ranges of IP addresses. They can be designated as public and private IP addresses.
For operations with pools, enter Network → IP pools.
To create an IP pool:
- Press Create a pool.
- Enter a Pool name.
- Specify the IP range of the pool. You can enter a single IP address ("22.214.171.124"), a mask ("126.96.36.199/24") or a range ("188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206").
- Enable The pool is accessible on all locations option to allow DCImanager to use IP addresses from this pool in all locations.
- To assign addresses from the pool to servers in specific racks, select Racks.
- Enter Notes, if needed. They will be displayed in the list of IP pools.
- To create a physical network that the range for the pool is allocated from:
- Enable the option Create a physical network.
- Enter a Network in the following format <network IP address>/<network mask prefix>. E.g. "220.127.116.11/24" or "2001:0db8:85a3:0001::/64".
- Enter a Gateway.
- Enter Note, if needed.
- Click on Create.
To assign an IP address to a server from a certain pool when ordering and releasing that server:
- Press Pool general settings.
- Select the Pools for deallocation of servers.
- Select the Pools for deallocation of servers. IP addresses from this pool will be assigned to servers in racks that are not assigned with any pool.
- Press Save.
Only pools with IPv4 addresses can be used to release and provision servers.