Templates in DCImanager are sets of disk images and installation scripts that are stored at the location. DCImanager uses templates to install operating systems (OS), perform diagnostics and restore servers. Templates are uploaded to the location from ISPsystem repository. Each location can store its own set of templates.
How to add templates
You can add the following templates to the location:
- operating systems
- AlmaLinux 8;
- Astra Linux 2.12;
- CentOS 6, 7, 8;
- CentOS Stream;
- Debian 8, 9, 10;
- Fedora 32;
- Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, 20.04;
- Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019;
- hypervisor VMware ESXi 6;
- server diagnostics (read more in Diagnostics logic)
- server recovery (read more in Recovery mode)
- server auto-adding (read more in Server auto-add module)
- ISO images loader (read more in ISO images)
To add templates, enter Templates → OS templates → Download ISPsystem templates → select the required templates → Upload template.
How to configure a template
To change the settings of a template, click on its name or go to the menu → Settings:
- Select who will have Access to the template:
- Admins only.
- Specify the macro Name and Value. Macros enable to specify additional settings for template installation. For example, a license key for Windows OS or a repository mirror address for Unix systems. Read more about macros in Template macros.
- Press Add macro, if you need to add more macros.
- Press Apply.
Changing the template settings is not recommended unless you are completely sure about your actions. Incorrect macro values can disrupt the template.
How to delete a template
To delete a template from the location, enter Templates → OS Templates → select the template → Menu → Delete from location → Delete the template.