To work with BMC, enter the BMC section of the server page. In this section, you will be able to:
- connect to BMC;
- add or delete an BMC connection;
- change BMC connection settings;
- turn the server on/off via BMC;
- manage BMC users;
- poll BMC;
- view information about the system's modules (FRU Info);
- view the sensor readings;
- view the BIOS/UEFI and BMC firmware versions (BMC Redfish and DCImanager Infrastructure licenses only).
- view the BMC log file.
Managing the BMC connection
If server connection to BMC is not configured:
- Press Connect → to BMC.
- Specify the connection settings:
- BMC Type.
- BMC access IP address.
- BMC Web-interface URL.
- User name.
- Press Save.
To change the connection settings, enter the Settings menu → .
To delete the connection, enter the Delete the connection menu → .
Connecting to BMC
To open the BMC interface, press Go to and select the connection mode:
- Without proxy — if BMC has a public IP address;
- Use proxy — if BMC has a private IP address. The BMC proxy module will be used for connection.
To connect to the BMC console, enter theOpen console menu → .
The BMC interface will open in a separate window. If it is blocked, allow pop-ups from the DCImanager server address in the browser security settings.
You can transfer the clipboard to the BMC web interface by pressing Left Ctrl + V on the English keyboard layout.
To insert the login and password, use the Login and Password buttons in the BMC interface.
Managing the server power supply
To power the server on or off via BMC, enter the Power on server menu → (Power off server). You can also manage the server power with the toggle switch.
You can manage BMC users on the Users tab.
To add a user:
- Press Create an BMC user.
- Specify the settings:
- BMC username.
The capabilities of user roles are set in the BMC settings on the server.
- If necessary, enable the Allow the server owner to log in to the BMC with the data of this user option. With this option enabled, the server owner will be able to connect to BMC only under this user account.
- Press Create.
To change user settings, press the Settings menu in the user line → .
To delete a user, press the Delete menu in the user line → .
Viewing information from BMC
To get the current BMC status, click Poll BMC → Poll.
Information about the system’s modules (FRU Info) is displayed on the Information tab. The Version field in the Product section contains the value "Product Version" from the impitool mc info command response.
Go to the Sensors tab to view the information from the sensors.
Go to the Logs tab to view the BMC log file.