Diagnostics allows checking server status, adding information to DCImanager, and preparing a server for a new client.
Before you start
- On the required server configure the network boot function with iPXE or PXE.
- In DCImanager connect the server to the IPMI (Intel AMT) or PDU.
- Install the diagnostics templates on the locations. Learn more in Adding a location.
- Make sure that the diagnosed server is in the same L2 network segment with the location server, and DHCP, TFTP and HTTP traffic is allowed on this segment.
- Go to Servers → → Run diagnostics.
- Select the Diagnostics template:
- Diag6 or Diag-x86_64 — network booting with iPXE;
- Diag-x86_64-noipxe — network booting with PXE.
Enable the option Clear SSD and HDD disks during diagnostics if needed and select the method.
Disks will be cleared in any case if the macro $CLEAR_HDD or $FULL_HDD_CLEAR with the value "YES" is added to the diagnostic template. See Template macros for more details.
- Enable the option Configure IPMI if needed.
- Run diagnostics. You can see its status in the list of servers. When the process is completed, DCImanager will define the server configuration.
Hard drives connected to the RAID-controller will be defined during diagnostic only if they are grouped into the RAID.
You can find information collected during the diagnostics on the server page. To do this, go to Servers → menu → Server parameters → Components.
To copy the server configuration to the clipboard, click For more information, click Full Report..
The diagnostics operation will end with an error if problems in any the following are found:
- SSD or HDD disks;
- IPMI configuration or connection;
- hardware performance test progress;
- transfer of data collected by the diagnostics module to DCImanager server.
If the server diagnostics operations ends with an error, customer will not be able to order that server through the billing system.
Information about errors found during the diagnostics is displayed in a popup window in DCImanager interface. To view the errors, go to Servers → select the server → Details in Status column.