A backup is a virtual machine (VM) disk image that is used to restore it. You can create backups automatically according to a schedule.
How to create a schedule
To create a schedule, enter Backup → Scheduled backups → Create schedule.
- Select when to Make copies:
- Weekly → select the day of the week;
- Monthly → select the day of the month from 1 to 28 → Apply.
- Specify the time (UTC) after which VMmanager will start creating copies.
- Specify the Schedule name. By default, VMmanager will create a schedule with the name corresponding to the schedule settings. For example, "Daily in 0:00 / 1".
- Select the Backup storage. If the storage is not selected, the copy will be created on the cluster node where the source VM is located.
- Select the VMs that will be copied according to this schedule:
- All VMs of the selected clusters → select the clusters;
- VM by parameters → select VMs from list → Select ... VM;
- VM based on templates → select Configuration of virtual machines.
- Set one of the Backup limits, which, when reached, will delete the oldest copy of each VM:
- Number of copies per each VM;
- Storage volume occupied by the copies of each VM;
- Press Create a schedule.
How to manage schedules
You can manage your created schedules through themenu in Backup → Scheduled backups. Actions available with a schedule:
- Start schedule — start unscheduled copying;
- Note — specify the discretionary comment;