User accounts with different permission levels are used in DCImanager:
- administrator – created automatically during installation. All functions are available;
- user – created manually by the administrator of DCImanager. User is only allowed to perform operations with servers, where user is the owner:
- disk space cleaning;
- installing the operating system;
- server recovery;
- server power supply management via IPMI or PDU;
- server management via IPMI;
- changing the server's IP address or domain name;
- VLAN creation. Available only after installing the User VLAN module.
Administrator of DCImanager can perform various operations with other user accounts.
To add a user:
- Go to Settings → Users → Add user.
- Select User role — access level for the new user.
- Enter the user's E-mail.
- Enter the user's Password.
To edit a role of a user:
- Go to Users → menu→ Change user role.
- Select a new role.
- Click on Save.
To delete the user's account:
- Go to Settings → Users → select the user → Delete → .
NoteThe account is deleted without the possibility of recovery. Once deleted, the user will not be able to access DCImanager. User can only be deleted if it is not a server owner.
To log in to DCImanager with user's permissions, go to Settings → Users → select the user → Log in with permissions of this user → .
You can set up synchronization of DCImanager accounts with the LDAP directory. Read more in the Synchronization with the LDAP directory.