You can switch from using CentOS 8 to AlmaLinux 8:
- on the server with VMmanager;
- on the VMmanager cluster node.
Migration is performed using the almalinux-deploy script. We recommend that before you migrate:
- a server with VMmanager, you create a platform backup;
- a cluster node, you create a backup of the virtual machines (VMs) of that node.
The migration process will require you to stop the platform.
- Connect to the server via SSH.
Check the OS version:
If the OS version is lower than 8.5, change the paths to the repositories:
Install the latest software updates:
Download the migration script:
Stop the platform:
Run the script:
If the script run fails with an error like
import the GPG key of the AlmaLinux repository manually and restart the script:
Check that AlmaLinux has been installed:
Check that the AlmaLinux kernel is loaded by default:
Start the platform:
We recommend rebooting the cluster node after migration.