The recommended configurations allow you to create a virtual machine by using a premade set of resources and settings. Only the administrator can create a new recommended configuration. Read more about configurations in the article Creating a VM based on the recommended configuration.
Create a new virtual machine:
- Go to Virtual machines → Create a VM → Recommended configurations.
- Select a Cluster where the virtual machine will be created.
- Select an Operating system for installation on your new virtual machine. To create a virtual machine without an operating system, select NoOS.
Select a set of Resources from the list or use Custom configuration to specify the resources manually. For more information on VM parameters, see Fine-tuning of virtual machines.The main parameters of the VM
- vCPU (number of processors) in units;
- RAM in Mb;
- Storage in Mb.
- Select a Script to be started after the operating system will be installed. Scripts prepare your virtual machine for operation e.g. you can use them to install any software or set up configuration files. You can select several scripts to run and specify the priority of their execution. For scripts with created email templates, you can enable the Send the email associated with the script, select the language of the email and specify the reciver.
- Select a VM Owner.
- Specify the VM password. Click on Generate for an automatically generated password.
- For the platform to send an email with access settings to the VM owner, enable the Send email with password option.
Select the cluster Node to host the VM or leave Select automatically to use the distribution filters on the nodes. Read more in Selecting a cluster node for a VM.Error #5964
If the VM configuration does not match the distribution filters configured on the nodes, an error message will be displayed when you try to create it.
If you want to create VMs that do not fit the filters, select the required node manually.
- Select storages for the VM disks.
- If a bridge is created on the cluster node, select Bridge for the VM network interface. Read more in the Network setting on the cluster node.
- Select a Pool from which the IP addresses will be allocated to the virtual machine, or click Assign IP to enter a specific address.
- If you are creating a VM in a cluster with two network interfaces, select the Pool for the main network and/or the Pool for the additional network separately. Read more in Main and additional network.
For the platform to assign a new VM an address from a virtual network, press Use network in the Virtual network section and select the network. Read more in the Virtual networks (VxLAN).
Specify the Number of VM.Create 1 VM
Create 2-5 VMNames and domains for all VMs will be generated automatically. Click Generate to automatically generate new names or Edit to manually enter names and domains.
- Specify VM name or press Generate to automatically generate new name.
- Specify VM Domain.
- Click on Add.