VMmanager utilizes OS templates to install operating systems (OS) on virtual machines. OS templates in VMmanager are images of the virtual machine disks with an operating system without additional software applications and special settings ("clean" OS). Perform the following steps to edit an operating system template:
- Go to Templates → Operating systems → click on the OS name.
- Enable the option Only administrator can install a virtual machine from OS to forbid users to install the selected operating system on the virtual machine.
- In the tab Cluster access select the cluster node where the operating system can be installed on the virtual machines.
- Specify a OS licensing parameters for OS Windows:
- License key. This key will be assigned to all VMs during OS installation.
IP address and port of your own KMS server.
You can't specify Microsoft server as KMS server.
- Click on Save.