To move VMmanager from one server to another you need to perform two steps:
- Import VMmanager data.
- Import the domain name if it assigned to the source server.
Step 1. Import VMmanager data
If you do not need to migrate statistics data, you can back up the platform on the source server and recovery backup data on the target server. For more information, see Creating platform backups.
- On the target server:
- Install VMmanager. Learn more in the article Installation.
Suspend VMmanager and delete the containers:
Delete the data created by the installer:
- Check that the nodes and virtual machines of the source server are accessible from the target server. Edit the firewall configuration if needed.
On the source server:
Move the directories /opt/ispsystem/vm/mysql/, /opt/ispsystem/vm/clickhouse/ and the file /opt/ispsystem/vm/config.json to the target server. For example:Details
user — the username on the target server;
18.104.22.168 — the IP address of the target server.
rsync must be installed both on the source and target servers.
Stop and deactivate VMmanager service:
Start VMmanager on the target server:
Step 2. Move the domain name
- Edit the A-record: change the IP address of the source server into the IP of the target one.
- If an SSL certificate is connected to the domain, copy its files from the source server to the target one.
Create a temporary subdomain while you are moving the domain. If your SSL certificate doesn't support Wildcard, receive a free Let's Encrypt certificate for the subdomain.