To install VMmanager, you need license information. If you purchased VMmanager from ISPsystem, you can view this information in your personal account at my.ispsystem.com in the "ISPsystem 6 licenses" section. To install, you need a value from the Token field.
SELinux will be disabled during the installation as it prevents the platform from working correctly.
- Connect to the server via SSH with the superuser permissions (root per default).
Download the installation script:
Make it executable:
Run the installation process using the license token:
If you are using a proxy to connect to the Internet
token — the value of the Token parameter of your license. You can find it in the Client area my.ispsystem.com on the license information page.
Execute the command
- <token> — the value of the Token parameter of your license. You can find it in the Client area my.ispsystem.com on the license information page;
- <user> — username for authorization. Optional parameter;
- <password> — password for authorization. Optional parameter;
- <address> — HTTP proxy IP address;
- <port> — HTTP proxy port.
After the platform is installed successfully, in the terminal you will see the access link to VMmanager:
- The installer will be started as the systemd service. Use it to run the installer again.
- Use this link to open the web interface of VMmanager and enter the credentials of the first user.
After installation, VMmanager platform will be available by the IP address or domain name of your server.
If you have lost the login link
When VMmanager is installed on the server, but the first user is not created, you can get the unique link to the web-interface:
- Connect through SSH to the server with VMmanager.
Execute the installation command through the systemd service vm:
- Log in to the interface using the link and specify the credentials of the first user.
The VMmanager installation log is kept in the file /opt/ispsystem/vm/install.log.