WordPress template installation
A template is a pre-made design for a website. It can be installed only with a CMS for which it has been developed. A CMS and a selected theme will be installed when you create a website.
Complete the following steps to install a website from a template:
- Go to Website → Create a website → From a template or click Create a website from template on the Dashboard.
- Select a theme from the list. You can set a filter by clicking All categories and select the themes you want to use. Click Apply to open the template. Click Clear to cancel the filter.
- Move your mouse cursor over the template and click Details for more information about the selected theme.
- Click Demo to open a demo version of the template in a new browser window.
- Click Select to create a new website from the selected template.
- Select a website Domain. If you haven't bought a domain yet, enter any name. The system will create a technical domain automatically and assign it to your website.
- Enter a Directory on the server with Vepp where the website files will be located.
- Click Create a website. Vepp will configure the web server, create a website directory, an FTP-user, databases, and will install a CMS. Clicking on Hide will hide the creation status bar. The installation process will run in the background.
- If you don't hide the website creation window, Vepp will offer two actions upon completion:
- Website management options — open the website configuration page.
- Open website in browser — open the website in a new browser window.
Currently, Vepp doesn't provide a DNS management tool. To assign a domain to your website, use name servers of the domain registrar. If the registrar doesn't provide this option, use Google name servers.
To assign a domain to a website, you need to create the A-record that will lead to the website IP address on name servers. You can find it in Vepp→ Websites → the IP address field.