ISPmanager Lite Documentation
ISPmanager Lite is a control panel for web-server management.
With ISPmanager you can perform the following operations:
- Create and manage users/user templates. Set limits for users/user templates.
- Create and manage web-domains. Set PHP modes, install SSL certificates, quickly install popular CMS on your domain, set up SSL redirects.
- Manage DNS. Create domain zones and edit domain records.
- Manage mail: create mail domains and mailboxes. Configure redirects and aliases. Set up mail filters. Use DKIM and anti-spam tools.
- Manage databases. Create databases and database users. Set permissions for database users.
- Manage FTP users. Crete, activate, suspend FTP users. Specify a user home directory.
- Edit files through the control panel. Set permissions on files and directories.
- Set up Firewall.
- Backup data
- Monitor resource usage statistics.
- Set up user permissions.
Differences between ISPmanager Lite and Business
ISPmanager Business allows to provide shared hosting services. It ensures uninterrupted operation of your system and allows for flexible configuration of user permissions.
The following functions are available only in ISPmanager Business:
- Integration with CloudLinux.
- Manage multiple servers (nodes) from a single web-interface.
- Allocate users between cluster nodes.
- Assign different roles to different nodes (servers) — web-server role, database server, mail server, primary and secondary name servers.
- Advanced limits for users/user templates.
ISPmanager can be installed on popular Unix-based systems. For more information about installation and supported operating systems, please refer to the article ISPmanager installation guide.
ISPmanager is installed into the /usr/local/mgr5 directory.
ISPmanager Lite keeps all the information in the sqlite database located in /usr/local/mgr5/etc/ispmgr.db.
ISPmanager Business keeps the data in several databases:
- The mysql database — ispmgr. The database contains information about the whole cluster. The base is located on the server where ISPmanager Business is installed (i.e. on the master server, rather than on a cluster node).
- The sqlite database — ispmgrnode.db. Each cluster node has its own ispmgrnode.db database that keeps data related to its cluster node only.
The main configuration files are located in the /usr/local/mgr5/etc directory:
- ispmgr.conf — the main configuration file of the control panel. For ISPmanager Business there is an ispmgrnode.conf additional file, located on each cluster node.
Additional configuration files are located in the /usr/local/mgr5/etc/ispmgr.conf.d/: directory
- db.conf — connections to the database
- nginx.conf — paths to Nginx
- phpfpm.conf — paths for php-fpm
- dns.conf — DNS configuration
For more information please refer to the article Configuration file
Control panel logs are located in the /usr/local/mgr5/var directory.
Different modules of the control panel use different logs. The main logs are as follows:
- ispmgr.log — main log.
- backup2.log — backup log.
- longtask.log — long tasks log.
- pkg.log — setup log.
- usermove.log — user import log.
When reaching 100 Mb, logs are rotated and archived into the /usr/local/mgr5/var/logs/ directory.
You can add debug for any module of the control panel via the the interface – the "Error log" module -> Settings.
All software applications are installed from repositories, thus you will get the the version available in OS repository.
Repositories are connected during installation of ISPmanager. We strongly recommend that you do not connect any third-party repositories as this may lead to incorrect installation of the software product.
ISPmanager Lite includes the "Features" module where you can choose a software product to be installed. In the table below you can see a list of features and corresponding applications:
This feature defines operation mode of the web-server. You can choose the following variants: only Apache, Nginx + Apache, Nginx + PHP-FPM
Apache ITK/Prefork. Nginx, PHP-FPM, PHP as Apache, Awstats, Webalizer, Logrotate
Defines operations of the mail system
Exim, Dovecot, Greylisting, OpenDKIM, SpamAssassin, ClamAv, Sieve, AfterLogic, RoundCube
СName server (DNS)
Enables to choose a name server
Enables to choose an FTP server
Enables to enable/disable a MySQL server
MySQL database management system
Enables to enable/disable a PostgreSQL
PostgerSQL database management system
Enables to set/delete disk quotas
Enables to choose an archiver
Changing software versions
The version provided by OS repository is installed by default. Very often users ask us: how can we change the version of PHP or MySQL server?
There are a number of ways how you can change a PHP version.
- Use a built-in PHP selection tool , which enables to choose an alternative PHP version for every web-domain (In ISPmanager Lite you can activate this option in the "Features" module).
- Install a required PHP native version manually. Please note that due to technical peculiarities you won't be able to install PHP extensions in ISPmanager.
ISPmanager Lite: In ISPmanager 5 Lite 5.68.0 and later you can set several alternative MySQL versions on a server. For more information, please refer to this article.