Templates in DCImanager 6 are sets of disk images and installation scripts that are stored at the location. DCImanager 6 uses templates to install operating systems (OS), perform diagnostics and restore servers. Templates are uploaded to the location from ISPsystem repository. Each location can store its own set of templates.
Windows templates do not contain drivers that are not in the original Microsoft ISO images. This is to avoid driver compatibility problems. A large number of drivers installed in Windows may conflict with each other.
To manage templates, go to Templates → OS and operations templates.
You can add the following templates to the location:
- AlmaLinux 8, 9;
- CentOS 6, 7, 8;
- CentOS Stream 8, 9;
- Debian 8, 9, 10, 11, 12;
- Fedora 32;
- FreeBSD 11, 12, 13;
- Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, 20.04, 22.04;
- Windows 10;
Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022;
hypervisor VMware ESXi 6;
- server diagnostics (read more in Diagnostics logic)
- server recovery (read more in Recovery mode)
- server auto-adding (read more in Server auto-add module)
- ISO images loader (read more in ISO images)
To add templates, click Download ISPsystem templates → select the required templates → Upload template.
To change the settings of a template, click on its name or go to the menu → Settings:
- Select who will have Access to the template:
- Admins only.
- If necessary, enable the Automatic template update option. With this option, new versions of the template will be downloaded to the location automatically.
- Specify the macro Name and Value. Macros enable to specify additional settings for template installation. For example, a license key for Windows OS or a repository mirror address for Unix systems. Read more about macros in Template macros.
- Press Add macro, if you need to add more macros.
- Press Apply.
Changing the template settings is not recommended unless you are completely sure about your actions. Incorrect macro values can disrupt the template.
The date of the current and last version of the template is displayed in the template list. If a new version is available for the template, anicon and a link to update are displayed in the line with the template.
To make the template update automatically, enable the Automatic template update option in its settings. Templates with this option are displayed in the list with anicon.
To update information about available template versions, click the Check updates link. The platform will update the information in the interface and download the current versions for templates with automatic updates.
Deleting a template
To delete a template from the location, select the template → menu → Delete from location → Delete the template.