How to add a PDU
Step 1. Add a power distribution unit (PDU)
Perform the following steps:
- Go to Equipment → PDU → Add PDU.
- Enter a PDU Name.
- Enter the PDU IP address.
- Select the Installation type into the rack.
- Specify the PDU size in units.
- Select a Rack and the Unit number where the PDU is located.
- Enter additional information in the Notes field.
- Select an SNMP version and its settings:
- specify Community (password) for SNMP v1 and SNMP v2;
- for SNMP v3:
- specify a User.
- if you plan to use Authentication, select its method and enter the Authentication password.
- if you plan to use the Encryption key, select its type and enter the Encryption password.
- Click on Add. DCImanager will start a new task to poll the PDU ports.
Step 2. Configure ports
Poll the ports
To get the current status of ports, go to Equipment → PDU → click on the PDU name → Poll PDU.
Connect the server
- Go to Equipment → PDU → click on the PDU name → Ports.
- Click on→ Connect to server
- Select "To server" in the Connection type field.
- Select a Server to connect to the switch.
To change ports statuses, go to Equipment → PDU → click on the switch name → Ports and click on Enable or Disable.
To add a comment for the port, go to Equipment → PDU → click on the switch name → Ports → → Notes.