Adding a location
To add a location:
- Go to the Dashboard → Add location
- Enter a location Name.
- Specify the IP address of the server-location and its SSH port. You may choose a DCImanager server for the location.
- Specify the Root password to access the location server.
- Specify the Name or number of the first rack. DCImanager will automatically assign the numbers to all the racks that were added. Eg. if you enter the name myrack_1 and Number 3, DCImanager will create 3 racks with the names myrack_1, myrack_2, and myrack_3.
- Specify the Number of racks in the location and Height of rack in units.
- Click on Add.
After adding the location, you must configure it. For more information, see Configuring a location.