Swagger is an interactive shell for exploring the work of API. With Swagger, you can generate a request for an API function of the platform and check how that function works.
To access the Swagger web interface, open the URL https://domain.com/swagger/ in your browser.
domain.com — IP address or domain name of the server with DCImanager
Swagger contains a description of the following DCImanager API services:
- DCI back — platform main service;
- Auth (deprecated) — deprecated version of the authorization service;
- Auth v4 — latest version of the authorization service;
- IPmanager — IPmanager 6 — service for operations with IP-addresses, pools and networks;
- Report service;
- BMC proxy service — BMC proxy module service;
- Equipment service;
- Backup service;
- Global search service;
- rDNS proxy service — service for operations with reverse PTR records. To use the service, install the Integration with PowerDNS module. Without the module installed, API-requests will return a 404 error.
To switch between services, select the desired section in the Select a definition field.
Execute API requests
API requests are executed with real platform objects. Before executing the query, make sure that the actions you perform will not interfere with DCImanager.
To execute a request:
- Select the required function and press Try it out.
- Enter the required parameters and the request body and press Execute.
After the request has been executed, the Responses section displays the request format for the curl utility and the server response.
Some services may return a 503 error and an Unavailable message in the response body. If this is the case, re-execute the request.