How to move BILLmanager from one server to another
You may need to move the panel and the license from one server to another when upgrading your hardware or when changing the license version.
To do so:
- Import user data from the old server to the new one.
- Assign the software license to the new server.
Step 1. Import user data
Before you start the import process, you need to activate a separate license for the new server. Follow the installation guide to install and activate a trial version.
Import your users to the new server.
You can use the information described in this article to import a billing system between servers with different operating systems. This article will help you import BILLmanager from Debian 8 to Centos 7.
Be sure to install the same product versions on both servers.
Perform the following steps to import BILLmanager:
- Go to BILLmanager on the server with Debian and set up a backup plan in Tools→ Backup copies.
- Click Run to start the backup process.
- Select the created backup copy and click Download to save the archive to your computer.
- Go to BILLmanager on the server with CentOS 7 and set up a backup plan in Tools→ Backup copies.
- Click Download and select the archive you have downloaded on step 3.
- Select the backup copy and click Restore.
- Wait when the operation is completed.
- To make BILLmanager available on the server running CentOS 7, add the server IP address into the nginx configuration file /usr/local/mgr5/etc/ihttpd.conf.
Restart the billing system with the command:
After you have imported BILLmanager, we recommend that you delete the billing system from the old server. The same settings of the processing modules in two billing systems may lead to service activation issues.
If the Updates package for your lifetime license has expired
Install a trial panel of the latest version available for your updates package. The control panel won't be activated after import if the version of the trial license does not match the version of your commercial license.
To install a correct version of the control panel:
- Check the panel version that the Updates package allows you to install. You can find the version in Help → About program. Or execute the command:
2. Install the latest version available for your license. To do so, run install.sh with the parameter --release:
Step 2. Assign the license to the new server
- After you have imported all the users to the new server, log in to the Client area where you ordered the license.
- Delete the trial license from the client area.
- Open the configuration form of the commercial license and specify the IP address of the new server.
- If you upgrade or change the product version (eg. from ISPmanager 4 to 5 or from Lite to Business) you also need to change the tariff plan in the Client area. For more information about how to do so, please contact your license provider.
Update the license file. Go to Help → About program → click on Update license. Or run the command to update it manually:Where
mgrName is a short name of the control panel:
- ispmgr — ISPmanager;
- billmgr — BILLmanager;
- vmmgr — VMmanager KVM or Cloud;
- vemgr — VMmanager OVZ;
- dcimgr — DCImanager;
- ipmgr — IPmanager;
- dnsmgr — DNSmanager.