To be able to use an ISPsystem's control panel you need a license. We offer trial and commercial licenses. You can purchase a license in our Client area eu.ispsystem.com.
The license from the BILLmanager 5 control panel is not suitable for activating BILLmanager 6.
A trial license is provided to familiarize yourself with the product. The maximum number of clients is 10. The period of use of the product is 30 days. Under a trial license, you will get access to control panel updates.
A trial license can be activated if a trial or a commercial license has not yet been activated on the server. Otherwise errors will appear in the log file /usr/local/mgr5/var/licctl.log when trying to activate:
- TRIAL_AFTER_COMMERCIAL — failed to activate the trial license after activating the commercial license;
- TRIAL_ALREADY_USED — failed to activate the trial license after activating another trial license.
How to activate a trial license:
- Install a panel on the server. Learn more in the Installation Guide.
- Open the panel in the browser https://<server IP address>:1500/billmgr
- In the form that will open select "Get a trial version".
- Enter your login and password from the Client area. if you don’t have an account, specify a random login and password, the system will register the account automatically.
If there is no option "Get a trial version" on the activation form, access the server with the panel and download the file license again:
/usr/local/mgr5/sbin/licctl fetch billmgr
When you see "Get a trial version" complete the steps above.
You can use this type of license for commercial projects. This type of license doesn't have any limitations. Users can obtain it for 1 month or 1 year and install all the updates it includes. When the license expires, the user won't be able to access the web interface and use its functionality unless he renews the license.
How to upgrade from trial to a commercial version
There are two ways to upgrade a trial license:
- In the control panel interface.
Open the panel in the browser https://<server IP address>:1500/mgrName and select "Purchase a license". Specify the period and other parameters, and follow the instructions.
2. In the Client area.
Go to the website of the company where you purchased the license or to the Client area ISPsystem. Renew the trial (to do so, click on "Change the tariff plan") or order a new commercial license with the same IP address. All the settings that you made in the trial panel will remain after upgrading to the commercial version.
3. If the control panel still informs you that you are using a trial version:
a. Delete the license file:
rm -rf /usr/local/mgr5/etc/mgrName.lic
b. Download the file again
/usr/local/mgr5/sbin/licctl fetch mgrName
mgrName is the short name of a control panel:
- ispmgr — ISPmanager;
- billmgr — BILLmanager;
- vmmgr — VMmanager KVM or Cloud;
- vemgr — VMmanager OVZ;
- dcimgr — DCImanager;
- ipmgr — IPmanager;
- dnsmgr — DNSmanager.
If you do not have SSH access to the server, you can delete the license file through any file manager and update the license information in the Help → About program section.